Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Confidence and Insecurity

Question: Maybe insecurity or lack of confidence. I struggle with those issues but not like I used to,it was bad but God is helping me.
What does God say about insecurity and confidence?
God is our security.... That is hard for a lot of us to grasp. I have learned just recently that not everything you're feeling is the truth of what God is and what God wants you to be. The best way to bring up yourself confidence is to realize your weaknesses and your strengths and to expand on your strengths and not worryabout your weaknesses.
Let me explain:
When you are so focused on wanting to make your weaknesses better you'll become frustrated since God most likelymade your weakness a weakness for a reason (like.. your future husband/wife is going to compliment that weaknessbut it being their strength) God gives us certain gifts for us to realize them and to grow them. Growing our stregthshelps us to be more confident in the fact that God knows what He's doing, trusting that we have those strengths for a future reason.
Building up your strengths is a part of building up your confidence. But the confidence we build up should be in Christ (God) not in ourselves. He after all gave us the gifts, when we start trusting in ourselves to buildour self confidence we take away the trust we're supposed to give to God and it screws up our thoughts of ourselves.The Bible tells us the foolish trust in themselves and they will perish:Psalm 49: 12-1312 But man, despite his riches, does not endure; he is c]" class="footnote">[c] like the beasts that perish.
13 This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings. Selah.when we trust in God and trust that he will bring us confidence when we need it most our confidence in GOD will grow therefore our confidence in who we are is going to grow. When we realize who God has made us and why He formed us the way we are confidence is automatically going to grow because we know who we are. Insecurity sort of goes with confidence.. Feeling secure is something that Satan will take away from you every day. this has to do with self esteem and not knowing who you are and Can be in Christ. confidence and security are both feelings that we take to levels we shouldn't. Feeling something or not feeling something doesn't necassarily mean it's the truth. Not realizing the security of God will allow Fear to creep in. Praying constantly for God to comfort you is a great thing for you to do. The Holy Spirit is after all our comforter.The truth is no matter what:When we receive Christ.. HE is our security... realizing that will take time.. it takes continueing to speak the positive "confessions" the truths that God has given us in the Bible until we truly believe it. here are a couple promises God has given us:
When I am afraid, I will trust in you.In God whose words I praise.
Psalms 56:3,4
Psalm 18:1-2 NIV
I love you, O LORD, my strength.The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 31:23-24 The Message
Love God, all you saints;God takes care of all who stay close to him,But he pays back in full those arrogant enough to go it alone.Be brave. Be strong. Don't give up. Expect God to get here soon.
Psalm 119:114 NIV
You are my refuge and my shield;I have put my hope in your word.
1 Peter 5:7 NIV
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.God Loves you!Don't let Satan lie to you about who you are in Christ.
Your self confidence will lie to you.. God won't..God is our confidence and our security

No comments: